GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission: 01/09/2015
Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website: 01/10/2015
Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login: 20/11/2015
Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing: 17/12/2015
GATE 2016 Online Examination: 30/01-07/02/2016
Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website: 19/03/2016
Basic Features of GATE 2015
- Examinations for all the 23 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination.
- GATE 2016 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 30th January 2016 and 07th February 2016. Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2016 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
- For GATE 2016 the entire process of filling up of application form, uploading of certificates/documents etc., will be online and the candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents etc., to IISc or any of the IIT’s zonal GATE office.
- The payment of application fees would be through electronic mode online as well as through payment at bank counters using e-challan.
- The admit cards for GATE 2016 would be available through the online process only. Candidates can download their admit card from GATE 2016 website. No printed copy of admit cards will be posted to the candidates.
- Women Candidates: 750/-
- SC/ST/PwD category candidates : 750/-
- All other candidates: 1500/-
Click Here for more Information.