For whom: Faculty of prominent engineering institutions. IITGN may at its discretion also award this fellowship to teachers of other colleges/universities.
Objectives: To provide opportunities to faculty of other institutions to (i) participate in ongoing research projects at IITGN, (ii) undergoing mentorship by faculty of IITGN and, (iii) participate in developmental initiatives – [development of laboratories, new elective courses etc.]
Duration: At least 8 weeks within summer break (Summer Break at IITGN: 02/05/2016 – 08/07/2016).
- Last date for receiving applications is 14/03/2016.
- Eligibility: The applicant must currently be a full-time faculty member at an institution and have a teaching experience of at least 2 years.
- Applicants are required to work with a member of IITGN faculty and maintain regular work time.
- Applicants are required to submit a report to IITGN at the end of the tenure.
- Provisions for visitors:
- Monthly honorarium of Rs. 20,000/-
- Single furnished accommodation; visitors are required to pay for their own food/meals.
- Return rail travel (2nd AC) between Ahmedabad and place of work for joining IITGN and returning to parent institution.
- Other Considerations:
- Applicants can spend at most 3 summers at IITGN under this program.
- Each member of the faculty of IITGN can work with at most 2 visitors in a given summer.
- Application Procedure:
- Coordinate with appropriate faculty at IITGN.
- Applicants should not send hardcopy of the filled application form to IITGN.
Click here for more information.