Junior Research Fellow [JRF]
- Essential: B.Tech – Civil Engineering
- Desired: M.Tech
- Marine Structures
- Offshore Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Candidate on the verge of completing their desertion work may also apply
- No. of Posts: 1
- Fellowship: Rs.25000/- pm for first 2 years & Rs.28,000/- pm for next 3 years + HRA as per Institute norms
- Renewable every year up to maximum for 5 Years
- 5 years’ experience in wave flume activities, fabrication & construction of physical models of marine structures
- No. of Posts: 1
- Daily wages @ Rs. 390/-per day for first 2 years & Rs.410/-per day for next 3 years
Interested candidates may send their applications neatly typed on a plain paper along with
their detailed Bio-data and attested copies of relevant certificates within 15 days from the
date of advertisement to the contact person and should be present for interview on 11/05/2016 at NITK Surathkal. Report at 10 am to the contact person. Any change in the above date of interview will be intimated through email.
Department of Applied Mechanics & Hydraulics,
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal,
P.O.SRINIVASANAGAR – 575 025
- The last date for submission of completed application for admission to MBA programme is extended to 14/03/2016.
- Date and Place for selection process
- 26/03/2016 @ Main Seminar Hall, NITK, Surathkal, Karnataka – 575025
- 09/04/2016 @ New Delhi (Centre of Selection Process will be intimated later.)
- Intake for MBA Programme (Total: 64)
- General: 32
- SC: 10
- ST: 5
- OBC: 17
- Note: 3% of the seats are reserved for Physically challenged candidates.
- CAT / GMAT valid score is must.
Click here for more information.
- Summer Internship Programme – SIP
- Totally 50 internships will be provided.
- Eligibility: Students who are presently completing the third year (or sixth semester) B.Tech/ BE, and students completing the first year (or second semester) of M.Tech/ ME/ M.Sc./ MBA are eligible to apply for NITK-SIP.
- Contact Period: Students selected for NITK-SIP are required to be present in the campus and carry out the allotted project work over a contact period of minimum 30 days and a maximum of 45 days between 25/05/2016 to 08/07/2016.
- Stipend: A stipend of Rs. 100/- per day will be paid to each student during the contact period. Allowance for food, at a rate Rs.100/- per day, will be paid separately.
- Important Dates:
- Last date of receipt of applications by Heads of Departments at NITK: 04/05/2016
- Announcement of Selected Students by HODs at NITK: 11/05/2016
- Date of commencement of NITK-SIP: 25/05/2016
- Closing date of NITK-SIP: 08/072016
- Students are required to send a research proposal along with the application form and necessary enclosures by speed-post to the Head of the Department where the student wishes to carry out the internship.
- An advance copy of the application must also be sent by email to the Head of the Department along with scanned copies of relevant documents.
- The research proposal must contain a detailed description of the research problem that the student wishes to work on, along with a brief introduction to the problem, the proposed work plan, and the expected outcome of the project work.
Click here for more information and application form.